SUPERVISION, CONSULTATION AND TRAINING
This section provides useful information for Psychologists, Registrars in Clinical Psychology or Health Psychology or Counselling Psychology, or practicing supervisors seeking PsyBA accredited and experienced clinical supervision services. Psychiatrists, General Practitioners and other mental health professionals are also welcome to contact for supervision, consultation and training. Services are provided face to face, or via Facetime/Skype/VSee.
1. PsyBA Accreditation as a Clinical Supervisor for the following -
* Registrar (post-doctoral or post-masters supervision) programs -
* Probationary supervision program ("4 plus 2" and "5 plus 1" Pathway)
2. APS College Approved Supervisor for the following -
- APS College of Clinical Psychologists
- APS College of Health Psychologist
- APS College of Counselling Psychologists
3. Supervision for Supervisors available
4. Student supervision available one-to-one or small group
5. Fees -
As at 01 October, 2018 Current Fees are as follows for a standard 50 minute supervision consultation session (You may wish to consult your accountant regarding the tax deductible status of your supervision) -
- Negotiable for bulk purchases of 20 or greater paid in advance (GST excl)
- $ 120.00 per supervisee for a small group of up to three supervisees (GST excl)
6. Professional Background Summary - Anthony M Cichello, Registered Clinical Psychologist
- I am an experienced registered clinical psychologist and accredited supervisor who currently works in my independent private practice in the Melbourne CBD. I have received extensive training as a Clinical Supervisor over the previous twenty-five years (e.g. APS, Dr. Michael Carroll, Ms. Lynette Clayton and Dr. Christopher Lee)
- Until 2007, I was also the Psychology Advisor (Head of Service) to Psychiatric Services and P4-level Senior Clinical Psychologist at Bendigo Health. Prior to that, I was a P4-level Clinical Psychologist in NorthWestern Mental Health (Melbourne Health) and the Profession Coordinator (Head) of Clinical Psychology Services at the Royal Perth Hospital. I have provided clinical supervision since 1992.
- I have held previous honorary appointments with Monash University's Department of Psychiatry, Psychology and Psychological Medicine as a Senior Lecturer in Psychology, University of Melbourne's Department of Psychology and Behavioural Sciences as a Clinical Fellow, and the University of Western Australia, Murdoch and Curtin Universities as a Clinical Associate.
- I was Clinical Mental Health Advisor/Supervisor and Director of Mental Health to several Divisions of General Practice throughout the formation of their Better Outcomes in Mental Health Programs.
- I have held senior professional leadership positions within Psychology and Clinical Psychology nationally, in Western Australia and Victoria over the past twenty-four years, including that of Chair of the Clinical Psychology Taskforce overseeing a significant development of Western Australian public sector clinical psychology services and the provision of psychological consultancy and leadership in the development of the Primary Mental Health Care system in Victoria. I am the past National Chair of the over five thousand member APS College of Clinical Psychologists and, before that, its past National Executive Secretary for a further four years. I am also the Past Victorian Section Chair of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists and a previous Executive Committee member. I have served as an elected General Director on the APS Board of Directors, and served as the 2016-2018 APS President.
- I have an extensive history as a psychological therapist, clinician trainer and psychological consultant within the Psychiatric Services Sector, as well as the Specialist Medical-, Private Practice-, and Primary Mental Health Care- Systems. I have provided consultation, clinical supervision and professional training to clinical and other psychologists, psychiatrists and GPs since 1992. I am a member of the APS and the APS Colleges of Clinical Psychologists, Health Psychologists and Counselling Psychologists, the Australian Association of Cognitive Behaviour Therapists and the International Society of Schema Therapists.
- I have long held a strong belief in the ethics of providing evidence-based treatments to the public since my accredited professional postgraduate Clinical Psychology training at the University of Western Australia in the mid-late 1980s, and earlier undergraduate four year Psychology Honours Degree training at the University of Melbourne in the early 1980's.
- I thoroughly enjoy my role as an experienced clinical supervisor and provider of evidence-based clinical psychology services to the public, and my current active interests include Clinical Supervision, Schema Therapy, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, Clinical Hypnosis, CBT, Cognitive-Emotional Integrative Cognitive Therapy, Gottman Couples Therapy, Emotion-Focused Therapy for couples, and "third wave" Cognitive-Behavioural therapies more generally.